Thursday, 25 March 2010

Cats

'But I don't want to walk among mad people,' Alice remarked
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat. 'We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat 'or you wouldn't have come here.'
Alice didn't think that proved it at all; however, she went on 'And how do you know that you're mad?'
'To begin with,' said the Cat, 'a dog is not mad. You grant that?'
'I suppose so,' said Alice
'Well, then,' the Cat went on, 'you see, a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefor I'm mad.'
(From Alice in Wonderland by Charles Dodgson.)

As everyone who knows me knows, I have a huge love for cats. Sometimes I even get to use them in my work. The last picture is from a scenography I made for
Kulta in 2009 when they did "The Witches" by Roald Dahl. It was a part of a film used in a nightmare-sequence, projected on the back-wall.  It is one of the few works of mine that has got a spot on my wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a trace if you like!